Following the announcement by the government and the RFU's decision to suspend rugby at all levels until 14th April we sadly have no alternative but to bring our season to an abrupt end. To clarify:
- all remaining training sessions and fixtures are cancelled.
- the awards ceremony on 27th March is cancelled.
In addition, for those who have tickets to the Saracens match at theTottenham stadium on 28th March, the match has been postponed. As we understand it Saracens are looking to re-schedule the match so are not currently offering refunds. Saracens should be in contact with you directly but we will also update you when we know more.
Obviously there are currently much more important concerns than rugby. The loss of the remainder of our season will nevertheless be disappointing for our boys and girls. As compensation we hope to be able to book the touch rugby pitches in Regents Park for a weekend or two during the late summer when we would combine touch rugby with an awards picnic. This will obviously depend on how current events play out. We will be in touch about this nearer the time.
Enormous thanks to all involved in the club, whether children, parents, team managers or coaches, for their commitment to the club over the course of this season.
What with the weather and COVID-19 it has been a strange, disrupted but still enjoyable year. We simply could not do it without you. The children in particular bring a sense of fun and willingness to enjoy themselves which will hopefully be able to carry them through the next few difficult months.
We hope that you and all your family stay safe and that we will see you later in the year.
Greg and RPR"
Welcome to RPR
Set up by the Royal Parks in 2011 to:
- Provide fun and learning through playing Rugby.
- To develop mini, midi, junior and youth Rugby at Regents Park Royals.
- To raise the profile of the club in the local community.
- Nurture and encourage respect, sporting behaviour and fair play through Rugby.
- Provide the rugby experience for boys and girls aged under 18.
- Seek improvement through the provision of quality and qualified coaching.
- To maintain standards as described in RFU Seal of Approval and active Westminster.
- To ensure progression to senior rugby and achieve life-long participation.
- To ensure good practice at all times.